Why bother with a lengthy intro? This apple pie mug cake has pie and cake in the title, and you only need four ingredients. What more can be said?
I will add, at least, that the entire recipe is under 300 calories and has 25 grams of protein. If you dig apple pie and simple recipes with tons of protein, you’re in for quite a treat.
Apple Pie Mug Cake Ingredients
As the title says, you’ll only need four ingredients for this mug cake. I found everything except the protein powder at Walmart. If you’re wondering where to find the quick bread mix, you can click here to use Pillsbury’s find a store function for that product (I’ve even got it preloaded for ya).
So what can you do if you can’t find the quick bread mix in store near you? Go check out my Caramel Apple Mug Cake, of course. In the caramel apple recipe, I shared the following graphic about low calorie ice cream:
I’m not throwing shade at Halo Top or Eat Enlightened. I’m just saying, there are tons of options for lower calorie ice cream these days. My recommendation for this apple pie mug cake is far and away the Edy’s slow churned vanilla bean. Once you try it, you’ll never want to go back to another ice cream. Seriously, it’s s’scrumptious.
All right, I think that’s about all you need to know for the ingredients. It’s a super simple recipe, as usual. Enjoy!
- 1 scoop (34g) Protein Powder, vanilla
- 1/4 C (33g) Sugar-Free Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Mix
- 1/3 C (85g) Sugar-Free Apple Pie Filling
- 1/4 C (60g) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Mix the two packets inside the quick bread and muffin mix together in a resealable bag or container.
- Mix 1 serving of the quick bread mix and the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Microwave for 80-90 seconds or until cooked in the center.
- Top with ice cream.
Serving Size1 Mug Cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 290Total Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 33gProtein 25g
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram! And subscribe to the email list below if you’d like to be notified about new recipes and other happenings on the blog.