Simple recipes are the best recipes, and this protein bar parfait is beyond simple. As long as you’re good with slicing a few things and adding them to a bowl, you’ll agree wholeheartedly.
And with fresh, juicy strawberries and whipped topping, it’s an incredibly effective and satisfying sweet tooth fix.
You might’ve noticed from the photos that I opted to go with a large bowl instead of a mug (I’m hungry, okay?). The huge bowl of protein bar parfait only has 500 calories, but I’ve included instructions in the recipe for splitting the recipe into two mugs.
Protein Bar Parfait Ingredient Selection
The most obvious ingredient need is going to be a protein bar. The recipe calls for a Fitcrunch bar, but you can use any bar you’d like. A bar with some crisp or crunch is ideal here for contrast in texture, but I could see a softer bar like a Quest bar working fine.
In case you’re wondering how the recipe’s macros will change with a different bar, here are the numbers for the snack size Fitcrunch bar I used: 190 calories, 16 grams of protein, 14 grams of carbs, and 8 grams of fat.
If you go with a different bar, just subtract those numbers from the total and replace with the numbers from your choice of bar. Or since there aren’t many ingredients, just plug it all into Myfitnesspal or a food tracker.
One final thing worth mentioning is that if you’re splitting the recipe in half, you can place half the protein bar in a resealable bag for later. I wouldn’t recommend adding the crumbles to the parfait and refrigerating everything together as the bar might get soggy.
Beyond the protein bar, the ingredients are pretty straightforward. As you’ll see in the recipe, I used Dymatize 100% Whey protein powder, but you can use any protein powder you’d like.
If you’re making this recipe in Winter months and can’t find fresh strawberries, go with frozen and microwave them for 20-30 seconds before using. From frozen, use about two cups or 300 grams of strawberries.
Protein Bar Parfait
A quick & easy breakfast option with over 20g of protein
- 1 lb Fresh Strawberries, de-stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 C (113g) Vanilla Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 scoop (17g) Protein Powder, vanilla
- 1/4 C (10g) Fat Free Whipped Topping
- 1 Fitcrunch Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar, snack size (or your choice of protein bar)
- Wash and de-stem the strawberries before cutting them into 4 pieces each. Set aside.
- Chop your favorite protein bar into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Mix the Greek yogurt and protein powder in a bowl or large mug. (The recipe as-is will make one large serving. For two smaller servings, cut the recipe in half or use two mugs and refrigerate one for later.)
- Add the strawberries on top of the Greek yogurt and protein mixture. Top with the whipped topping and protein bar crumbles. (You could also create layers by going yogurt, strawberries, whipped topping, protein bar, yogurt, strawberries, etc.)
- To use frozen strawberries, use about two cups or 300 grams and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Macros for the snack size Fitcrunch bar I used: 190 calories, 16 grams of protein, 14 grams of carbs, and 8 grams of fat.
- If you'd like an ever lower calorie snack or dessert, simply omit the Greek yogurt and protein powder.
Serving Size1 Mug
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 32.5gProtein 20.5g
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram! And subscribe to the email list below if you’d like to be notified about new recipes and other happenings on the blog.
Friday 9th of November 2018
This is my favorite post workout snack! So good and a great for satisfying my sweet tooth. Love that I can easily adjust amounts of this as well to easily fit my macros and it's still great!
Friday 14th of September 2018
This recipe was delicious and definitely fixes my sweet tooth!