When you think of soft and warm cookies, you probably think of freshly baked cookies—not freshly microwaved cookies. Well, that’s about to change. This stuffed s’mores protein mug cookie is soft, warm, and gooey like it just came outta the oven. And to make things even better, it has 21 grams of protein.
The recipe is an easy one with only six ingredients and a little mixing involved. You’ll have a gooey s’mores cookie in about 5 minutes.
Protein Mug Cookie Recipe Notes
I’ve included notes on reducing the calories in the recipe notes section via recipe scaling or substitution, so I won’t touch on that here. Another possibility for smaller portions, if you’re okay with baking them in the oven, are these s’mores protein cookie balls.
Since this protein mug cookie uses a dough that’s easily worked with and doesn’t cook for long, you can use just about any sized mug you’d like. I actually used these 10-ounce bowls from Amazon that are perfect for mug cakes and all single serving microwave meals. If you use an oversized mug or bowl, you may have to slightly tweak cook time by 5-10 seconds. More on that in the recipe notes.
The only other ingredient worth mentioning might be the Walden Farms syrup. I like to use it as a calorie-free sticky sweetener replacement. It’s readily available these days and tastes amazing. But if you don’t have any on hand, you could use any lower calorie pancake syrup or even honey. If you’re closely tracking your intake, however, you’ll want to make sure you account for the calorie and carb differences.
Mug Cookie Dough
- 1/4 C + 3 Tbsp (46g) Graham Cracker Crumbs, (7 total Tbsp)
- 3/4 scoop (26g) Protein Powder, vanilla
- 1 Tbsp (14g) Light Butter
- 3 Tbsp (23g) Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, or your choice of sticky sweetener
Mug Cookie Stuffing
- 1/2 Tbsp (7g) Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 Tbsp (3-4g) Mini Marshmallows
- Mix the mug cookie dough ingredients in a bowl until you can form a ball of dough.
- Using your hands (spray them with a bit of cooking spray if the dough sticks), flatten the cookie dough into a thin circle.
- Place the cookie dough inside a wide mug or a small bowl before adding the chocolate chips and marshmallows. (You might notice I'm using regular chocolate chips in the photo. The mini chocolate chips melt faster in the short cook time.)
- Fold the edges of the cookie dough up and around the marshmallows and chocolate chips. You can also do these steps on a flat surface if your mug is on the small side and just transfer to the mug when it's ready to go.
- Microwave the mug cookie for 30-40 seconds. You want it to be slightly soft since the dough can get tough when overcooked. As soon as the chocolate chips and marshmallows are melted, I would pull the cookie out and dig in. Since we're not using eggs, there's no concern about eating a slightly undercooked cookie!
- For a lower calorie cookie, you can swap the butter for 1/2-1 Tbsp apple sauce.
- You can also cut the recipe in half and reduce cook time by about 50% for a smaller portion.
Serving Size1 Mug Cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 369Total Fat 13gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 43gProtein 21g
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram! And subscribe to the email list below if you’d like to be notified about new recipes and other happenings on the blog.